LamblApp – Uganda Virtual Tourism APP
Definition Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool App is:
- A Web and Mobile focused on Ugandan Tourism (National Parks , Wildlife Education Centre (Entebbe), Museums, Cultural heritage sites, etc. )
- A cultural website, not necessarily linked to a real Museum/National Park/Wildlife Education Centre/Cultural heritage sites.
- A virtual tour of a real Museum (3D and 360°displays).
Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool means a collection of digital resources within the Ugandan Tourism field accessible through computerized tools.
The Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool is traditionally considered to be one of the major forms through which Trophy Developers Uganda Company Limited, Partners ,government and the project shareholder will promote and introduce innovations into interest for the works placed in the real Ugandan Tourism field centers.
Tourism is a very important sector both in the world economically and particularly in Uganda. According to the current situation Audience cannot access very well detailed information available in the Uganda physical tourism sites(wildlife, cultural and social heritages). Tourists/Visitors need a clear access of information to wildlife, cultural and social heritages in the Ugandan strategic tourism centers.
The main objective is to design and develop a complete device spectrum of innovative technological solutions geared towards efficient use of technology in Ugandan Wildlife Centre (Wildlife game parks) ,Museums and Antiquities for a sustainable development.
Information regarding permanent collections, generally set up from works and finds ’thematic catalogues or from logistic catalogues linked with the maps in the museum (generally catalogue descriptions, comments and explanations for every Antiquate are given)
- The specific roles of redesigning and digitalizing of Ugandan museums and wildlife game parks and education displays into a modern display, digital (Mobile Applications and Web application)
- To provide quick trends in Ugandan tourism
- Information regarding temporary exhibitions, usually having the same characteristics of those regarding collections, to which notes concerning the aims and the theoretical basis of the exhibition are added, which can trace or summarize the contents of the printed catalogues.
- To improve on effectiveness of tourism marketing Uganda.
- To improve the issues in tourism marketing in Uganda and potential strategies that will contribute to increasing the competitiveness of Ugandan tourism.
- Information regarding access, collocation, timetables and in local services, often put together with booking or distance purchasing services of access tickets
- Information regarding the same Tourism heritage Sites (e.g The Museums), both from a historiography point of view and from the institutional one , and from the logistic and spatial (often equipped with maps and photos)
- Educational tools specifically thought for popular and educational aims, which help to understand a work or a find, or to carry out a closer examination (it is a question of resources often used in the museums within the technical scientific field, but much more rare in artistic fields).
- Sections regarding merchandising activities, sometimes developed to the point of having electronic systems of commerce.
- It stimulates and deepens knowledge of the work.
- It enables the creation of multimedia collections.
- It contextualizes the works.
- It gives the opportunity to work outside the referring territories.
- It enables a better safeguard of originals.
- It gives the opportunity of researching and analyzing.
- It enables the evaluation of works and/or finds otherwise inaccessible.
Why Virtual Tourism App (Tools)
Modernizing & Digitalising of the Games parks and wildlife education centers through digitizing by using the available technologies such as and Redesigning of the museum displays into a modern display so as to capture Ugandan precious history to meet the demands of both local and international needs.
Tourism has become a very important and dynamic sector both in the world economy and particularly in Uganda. Its growth affects not only the activities directly linked to tourism but also other sectors. Tourism is already an important sector in Uganda. The travel and tourism sector is Uganda’s largest services export industry, having contributing to Uganda’s total export earnings. and also represent a significantly large proportion of the services sector. Development of the virtual will extend and attract more audience hence more revenue to the sector.
Well-designed virtual Tourism tools exhibitions are important extensions to physical exhibitions, providing discovery, learning and other opportunities beyond what the physical can offer. The Audience can be captivated, engaged and even contribute towards the continual update of the exhibition. This paper has presented the case for Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool , demonstrated the need for good metadata. Using a generic system architecture, the various components and salient points of Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool system design and development are highlighted. A list of desirable Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool contents and features are articulated. The continuing developments of Web 2.0 & Mobile Application ,wireless and other technological advances are likely to change the form and capability of future Uganda Virtual Tourism Tool . Nonetheless, Virtual Tourism exhibitions can, and are expected to, survive and grow as they stand to yield a rich set of both tangible and intangible for institutions that fully embrace the idea of both the physical and virtual operating environment in this Internet age and non-internet visitors/audiences